We’ve had Black Friday (which actually began Thursday), Small Business Saturday, Return-Home Sunday (I made that up), Cyber Monday, and now comes Adventure Tuesday ™ from ROW Adventures.
ROW Adventures, which I’ve written about in previous posts, is a top-flight adventure travel outfitter based in Idaho. As owner Peter Grubb told me last summer, one of his top target markets is baby boomer travelers, especially for international trips — though boomers also do their share of kayaking and whitewater rafting in Idaho and elsewhere.
Now’s the time to lock in some savings if you want to take a ROW trip next year.
ROW’s Adventure Tuesday™ promotion offers discounts on a number of upcoming trips if you book from 9 am PST (12 noon EST) Tuesday December 3 until 5 pm PST (8 pm EST) on Wednesday December 4, so it’s actually more like Adventure Tuesday-Wednesday — unless you call too late. Discounts are limited in number and are first-come, first-served, as long as you put down a deposit.
If the line is busy when you call, keep trying, because leaving a message won’t cut it.
The numbers to call are 800-451-6034 toll free, or, locally, 208-765-0841.
Here are the deals:
* Rogue River Rafting: $200 off per person from May 31-July 6, 2014, departures. Idaho’s Rogue offers scenery, adventure, and comfortable lodges at night on 3-4 day trips.
* Lochsa River Rafting: $30 off per person (limited to first 30 people booked, four bookings per person). The Lochsa offers challenging whitewater in Idaho on 1-3 day trips.
* Galapagos Unbound: $710 off per person (limited to first 20 people booked, May and September 2014 departures; discount includes $510 free flight plus $200 off trip). The Galapagos is on most baby boomer bucket lists; this is a land-based tour with sea kayaking opportunities.
* God’s Pocket Kayaking: $300 off per person (limited to first ten people booked; any departure). This is a lodge-based kayaking tour in British Columbia.
* Peru Family Vacation: $1600 off per family (based on $400 off per person for family of four; for fewer or more people in family, it’s $400 off per person. Limited to first five families who book; any departure). This 9-day trip goes to Machu Picchu, Cusco and beyond; this could be a great option for boomers traveling with their grandkids.
* Family Adventure Lodge: $500 or $800 off per family (limited to first 10 families who book a summer 4- or 5-day all-inclusive lodge package). This is at the River Dance Lodge in Idaho and combines activities such as whitewater rafting, float trips, hiking and mountain biking; it’s another good possibility for traveling with grandkids. “Glamping” (glamorous camping) in comfortable tents is an option.
Leave a Reply