If you’re looking to expand your Halloween fun beyond handing out candy to trick-or-treaters or dressing up like ex-presidents at costume parties, take our Halloween travel quiz. You might even pick up an idea or two for your next ghoulish holiday.
Some questions are easy, some are harder — but we’re betting you don’t stand a ghost of a chance of getting all the answers right without ghoulgling!
1. If you want to visit the countries where Halloween originated, where would you go?
a. Romania and Bulgaria
b. Germany and France
c. Ireland and Scotland
d. Hungary and Slovakia
2. Where would you find the world’s longest, deepest haunted “house”?
a. Lewisburg, Ohio
b. Rapid City, South Dakota
c. Blackfoot, Idaho
d. Lexington, Kentucky
3. What European castle is said to have inspired Bram Stoker’s novel, Dracula?
a. Neuschwanstein, Germany
b. Bran Castle, Romania
c. Sturzda Castle, Romania
d. Birr Castle, Ireland
4. If you want to go hunting for the perfect pumpkin, which U.S. state should you head to? (Hint: it produces the most pumpkins)
5. What “haunted house” is so scary that its owner offers $20,000 to anyone who can get through it all?
a. The “House of Horrors” in Kissimmee, Florida
b. “Monsters Mansion” in Truth or Consequences, New Mexico
c. “Ghost City” in Benton Harbor, Michigan
d. “McKamey Manor” in Summertown, Tennessee
6. Which U.S. city holds an All Souls Procession just after Halloween to honor the dead, drawing up to 150,000 participants and spectators?
a. San Diego, California
b. Yuma, Arizona
c. Tucson, Arizona
d. Los Alamos, New Mexico
7. Where would you likely NOT find widespread Halloween celebrations?
c. Lancaster, Pennsylvania (U.S.)
d. Edinburgh, Scotland
Bonus (non-travel) question: What was the most popular 2020 Halloween costume in the U.S. based on pre-Halloween Google searches?
b. Donald Trump
c. Joe Biden
Answers will be in my next post. Meanwhile, have a Happy Halloween! (and stay safe)
Special note to readers: You can assist thousands of Afghan refugees currently housed on military bases obtain flights to new homes by donating airline miles, credit card points, or cash ($200 or equivalent in miles or points= one flight). Go to Miles4Migrants.org for more details. Thanks!