Thanks to the hiking site Riders Trail for this informative and entertaining infographic on hiking safely with a dog.
Dogs need walking, of course, which provides exercise for both canine and human, but hiking with your dog can take the benefits of exercise to a new level, for baby boomers and younger generations alike.
Still, there are a number of considerations to keep in mind before you leash up your pet, and Riders Trail does a good job of highlighting them:
- Making sure your dog is suitable for hiking
- Finding dog-friendly hiking locations
- Preparing your dog for hiking
- Adhering to trail etiquette
- Carrying along the right supplies
- And dealing with potential threats
Plus, the dog pictures are downright cute. Even if you don’t have a dog, you may enjoy checking them out.